Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Monday, September 20, 2010

Book Review: The Princess and the Captain

The Princess and the CaptainThe Princess and the Captain by Anne-Laure Bondoux

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


This is one of those books that I know I would have loved if I had read it when I was about seven.



The story is imaginative. However, I don't feel that its full potential had been reached.



I had great difficulty sympathising/empathising with the characters. They were much more characters than they were people. Events that should have made me cry had absolutely no effect on me - which is unusual, as I tend to cry a lot when reading sad things.



A great read for the very young, but not something I would recommend to adult readers as I would, say, 'Over Sea Under Stone.'



View all my reviews

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats mean. i loved the book and im 15.

S.M. Carrière said...

That's good! My flatmate adores the book and she's in her 20s. For me, however, I didn't enjoy it all that much.