Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Give it Back

You @#&$ers!

Sorry, that was strong, but you deserve it and you know it. Yesterday, my friend in Australia arrived home to find that it had been broken in to. Her laptop and all her jewellery were stolen. Chances are that those thieves don't read this, ever, but I don't care. You jerks. Give it back. Amanda works damned hard, and doesn't deserve this.

No one deserves this, but this break and enter is a little close to my heart and I have to say something.

Oh, and as a completely selfish side-note, she was a BETA reader for my story, which means it's there on the hard drive of the stolen laptop. Now I'm paranoid that someone will read it and try to publish it themselves. Horribly unlikely, but I'm still paranoid.

It's stupid and selfish of me to even think that at a time like this... but there it is.

By the way Amanda, Karma will get them!

In other news, all the correcting for the Midterms and the judging of short stories is done for the month. Now I have to high tail it with The Seraphimé Saga to get as much done as possible before the next batch of marking/ judging comes through!

Luckily, I can. I've had a few ideas drift into my head while I took a little hiatus from writing. Yay me!

Since there is nothing new to report, I'd like to say 'hi' to my Ziggs.com stalkers. So, hello to:

Saint Kitts and Nevis!
Visitor Location: Basseterre, Saint Kitts and Nevis
Date: January 30, 2010
Time: 9:26 PM EST
(I'm ashamed to say I had to look this one up... I had no idea where it was. West Indies, in case you were wondering. Hello Basseterre! One day I shall visit.)

Senegal (twice)
Visitor Location: Senegal
Date: February 01, 2010
Time: 11:32 AM EST

Visitor Location: Senegal
Date: February 01, 2010
Time: 3:09 PM EST


United States of America
Visitor Location: Miami, FL
Date: February 03, 2010
Time: 9:02 PM EST

Visitor Location: Tampa, FL
Date: February 04, 2010
Time: 5:15 AM EST

Visitor Location: Fullerton, CA
Date: February 15, 2010
Time: 2:20 AM EST

Belgium
Visitor Location: Elsene, Belgium
Date: February 06, 2010
Time: 10:23 PM EST

Visitor Location: Braine-le-comte, Belgium
Date: February 08, 2010
Time: 6:26 PM EST

Canada
Visitor Location: Ottawa, ON (Canada)
Date: February 08, 2010
Time: 10:18 PM EST
(hello home town!)

Visitor Location: Dolbeau, QC (Canada)
Date: February 16, 2010
Time: 10:27 AM EST
(Bonjour, Quebec!)

Russia
Visitor Location: Moscow, Russian Federation
Date: February 12, 2010
Time: 8:35 AM EST

Visitor Location: Moscow, Russian Federation
Date: February 14, 2010
Time: 9:26 AM EST

Cote D'Ivoire

Visitor Location: Cote D'Ivoire
Date: February 18, 2010
Time: 6:45 AM EST


and a special hello to No frikkin' clue
Visitor Location: N/A
Date: February 06, 2010
Time: 2:21 AM EST

I'm sorry you had to sit through that, but it entertains me.... and for as long as people are accessing my Ziggs.com profile (for however long I have it), I will give a shout out to them. If you're reading this and you're one, hi!

No comments: