Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Castle AAAAARGH!

I might have watched Monthy Python and the Holy Grail on the weekend...

In any case, there is so much to relay. As it so happened, there was something that occurred on the weekend that I could not foresee. I was late for Lion Dance practice on Saturday. Not because I didn't leave the house on time, or even that the bus was late. Unusually, it wasn't. The bus was forcibly stopped halfway there because a young lady had a seizure. It was the scariest, most morbidly fascinating thing I have ever witnessed.

I had my iPod on, and I was daydreaming (nothing unusual there), so I didn't know anything was amiss until a man yelled at the bus driver to stop. I looked over, and a young lady in a very expensive-looking fur coat was stiff as a board against the seat vibrating and spasming like a malfunctioning energizer bunny. Fortunately there were people present who knew what to do and it wasn't long before the ambulance arrived, and another bus.

Poor girl.

In other news, I've had to give up writing the web content for my sister's business. I completely forgot that in addition to marking papers, I'm also judging a short story contest this month and with both deadlines fast approaching, adding something else over the top with a similar deadline was simply not doable. That said, I will still be helping her out by editing, and later on down the line I will be submitting articles for her site.

I feel really bad not being able to, but I simply couldn't. Not with everything else that is going on this month.

Now, because of the marking and the judging all happening at once, chances are, I won't be able to do any writing at all for at least a fortnight. Which takes out the month of February completely as the target month for the series' completion. ARGH!

Oh well, there isn't much I can do about it at this point. I'm taking this break from writing to recharge both my imagination and determination. Hopefully, by the time I get back to it, I'll be so full of ideas, it won't feel like pulling teeth to write!

That's it from me. Take care all.

No comments: