Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Thursday, November 26, 2009

False Alarm

Yesterday it was officially three months since I sent my book proposal to Tor Fantasy. Ever since the two month mark hit, I've been nervously checking the post, looking for that letter addressed to me from Tor. Nothing. Nothing at all. Day after day after day of nothing. Le sigh.

Now silence could mean one of several things.

1. The best case scenario - they are actually seriously considering my proposal.

2. Next best - they actually haven't gotten to it yet.

3. They've rejected it, but haven't yet sent me the letter.

4. They've rejected it, and won't send me the letter because I got the reply postage all wrong (to be fair, Tor, that's exactly how Canada Post told me to do it).

In any case, I've been hoping that I'd hear from them one way or another soon. So, my heart was in my throat when the phone rang yesterday afternoon and a stranger said, "May I please speak with Sonia Carrière." I replied, a little nervously, "Speaking."

As it turned out, it was just my Student Loan provider updating their contact information.

Damn it!

I should have guessed when they asked for Sonia Carrière rather than S.M. Carrière (since I've submitted under S.M. Carrière)... but I was all hopeful and stuff. Yes, stuff is the technical term.

Oh well, life goes on I suppose. I hope you're all well!

No comments: