Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Monday, November 2, 2009

Book Review "Deadhouse Gates"

Deadhouse Gates (Malazan Book of the Fallen, #2) Deadhouse Gates by Steven Erikson


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
I'm not usually one to gush about things, but Oh My Frikkin' Gawd!

Absolutely the best author I've read since Tolkien, Erikson weaves a tale so fraught with horror, grief and mystery as to send one reeling into a warren of awe (Malazan Book of the Fallen pun there).

His expertly crafted story is so rich with history and alive with detail that every experience, every emotion recorded by this master of fantasy becomes so visceral as to take one's breath away.

His twisting epic has you changing your mind every second paragraph. The man you hate becomes the man you admire most. The dead are living and the living are not.

I couldn't put this down.

Do yourselves a favour - READ THIS SERIES.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: