Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Monday, November 23, 2009

Crystalbrook Retreat

Hi All!

I've blogged about her before, and it seems she keeps giving me reasons to do so. I am, of course, talking about my dear friend Leonie Allan. Her family has decided to parcel out some of their farmland for sale in Proserpine, Queensland, Australia. The idea is that you can create your own piece of paradise there. They are planning to also include a retreat centre where all sorts of workshops will be held.

This is a piece of paradise, and if I had the money, I would certainly buy up some land to create my own retreat there (come on lucky break!). In Leonie's own words:

Our land is in a special area surrounded by farmland, a river, national parks and a large lake.

I've been out to Leonie's place before I left Australia, and it truly is a beautiful spot. I really really really want to buy some land out there. Without the funds, it's going to be a bit difficult. Still, that doesn't mean I can deny you that special piece of paradise.

Again in Leonie's own words, here is how it works:

1.) You could possibly buy as a collective with family and friends. Blocks start at 4 acres, and it can be as cheap as $3 000 per 500 square metre block (the usual suburban house block size).

2.) Only 10% deposit is required now, with the rest in mid 2010.

3.) There is no need to build within a time frame, so you can take your time to grow into it and build your sanctuary in your own time.

If this sounds like something that might interest you, click here to check it out. Perhaps I will get that lucky break, and I'll see some of you there!

That's it from me. Hope you are all well.

No comments: