Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Book Review: A Game of Thrones, George R. R. Martin

Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire #1) Game of Thrones by George Martin


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
A ginormous thank-you to my friend for lending me this. It was a spectacular read, the style of writing easy to comprehend and not overly complicated.

I particularly liked the brief history given near the end of the Children of the Forest. It sounds awfully like the basic history of Europe as most people seem to think it (successive invasions of people from the stone age, into the bronze age and again during the iron age).

Very nicely written, well-crafted characters. Perhaps a little one dimensional when it comes to good and evil, but in stories such as these, it is expected.

An excellent read. A fantasy book well worth it's weight in words.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: