Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

They're At It Again

Hi all!

You remember way back when I wrote this post? That's right. The one about the silly little list of boycotted authors upon which my name appeared... by a group I hadn't even heard from or of before (how the hell do they know of me anyway?).

Well, it seems their shenanigans haven't ceased. In fact, they're getting worse. This supposed group of authors, book lovers and want-to-be authors are hosting a book burning, amongst other things. No writer would ever condone the burning of books.

Oops, Write Agenda. You've been busted.

Moreover, they're (he, she, it... whatever) have been going after Writer Beware pretty hard - which is just stupid. In any case, Writer Beware have put together a fabulous post on their miscreant behaviour, so do yourselves a favour and check it out HERE.

This is getting interesting, to say the least. In any case, if you happen to be a new author, don't pay attention to the morons at 'The Write Agenda.' Not only are they idiots with an axe to grind, they've also got one of the least intuitive websites I've seen.

In other news, the computer was being a right moron yesterday, so I got absolutely nothing achieved. I am unimpressed. Today will hopefully be better... though I'm still a little terrified of starting The Great Man. I might put it off until the beginning of November and make it my Nanowrimo challenge... well, the first 50 000 words of it in any case. It'll take a bit longer than a month to finish.

What are the rules of Nanowrimo anyway? Is it that you don't have to finish the story, but you do have to get past 50 000 words? I should look that up, really.

Right, onwards!

Calendarer

A person who calendars.
- John Walker's Dictionary of the English Language, 1835

What the hell does it mean to calendar? Any ideas?

No comments: