Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Going Slow

Catching up yesterday took all day. Literally. I'm getting on with Ethan Cadfael: The Battle Prince now, but it took me a while to get there yesterday.

Slow computers are fun. Not.

There isn't really much to report except that I've moved chapters around a little bit, and should be getting stuck into the proper editing today. I'm thinking I might print one chapter out and spend the day editing that.

It's so much easier to edit actual paper than on screen, though I do feel terribly guilty for using paper that will become nothing better than scrap the moment it's printed upon.

Le sigh.

Tomorrow I'll be having a special guest post. I was approached by Amy Shoemaker of nursinghomeabuse.net to ask if it was alright to volunteer an article about her field of expertise.

I checked out nursinghomeabuse.net. This is what they had to say:

Nursing Home Abuse was founded by the National Association to Stop Nursing Home Abuse (NASNHA), a non-profit NGO. NursingHomeAbuse.net exists to raise awareness of the nursing home abuse epidemic, educate the public about its causes, help residents and families prevent abuse, and help victims cope with the consequences of nursing home abuse.

Having known and loved elderly people, I didn't hesitate to accept. Amy's article goes up tomorrow. Be sure to check in.

Until Friday, then!

Breklasse

Without breeches; naked; from Old English brek, breeches.
- Edward Lloyd's Encyclopaedic Dictionary, 1895.

2 comments:

Debbie Maxwell Allen said...

So sorry your computer was slow! Someone needs to give you a new one. :)
Just so you know, today's guest post is up with a font color very similar to your background, so it's almost invisible.

~Debbie

S.M. Carrière said...

Gah! I shall fix that right away. That's what I get for not checking. Thanks for the heads up, Debbie!