Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Friday, October 14, 2011

Ill In Bed

So, this blog post is going out in the afternoon... because I've been ill in bed today. That also means I don't have the Forgotten English on my desk before me to relate to you today. But what I do have is the awesomely funny comments my first Beta Reader sent me on the prologue.

My Beta Reader is, of course, my flatmate... and she's very flattering about it. Of course, flattery won't make me a better writer, but her comments made me laugh out loud. And here are the best bits, prefaced by the things I actually wrote:

Pallid greyish skin stretched over bone and sinew as if sewn on by a cobbler who couldn’t quite afford enough hide. (way to give me nightmares.)

When they grinned, it was as looking into the mouth of death. (when these things show up in my dreams, no matter what time it is I’m coming into your room to hit you in the head.)

You know, these sentences aren't side by side in the book, and now that they are, they seem well... bad.

And now, I'm watching a Castle marathon with said Beta Reader and laughing hysterically. Have a great weekend all! Hopefully I won't be ill for very long.

No comments: