Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Run! Hide! She's Back!

Good morning world, and Happy New Year. I am indeed back from an incredibly restful, if terribly lazy holiday. This break, I watched Glee for the first time, and am now an instant addict. It's such a fun show, but it manages to tackle tricky issues also. It's kind of like an old-school Degrassi Junior High, but with lots more music and fewer leg-warmers.

Writing-wise, I haven't done any. I hope that this break from writing has refreshed my struggling imagination. I think it will have. As I was walking into work today, the beginnings of a scene popped into my head.

I had best start on it if I want to make my 3 000 words today.

Oh, and before I forget, today's Forgotten English word of the day is:

Catchpule: The game of tennis. Evidently from Belgian kaatspel, as the ball used in tennis is called kaatsbal, and the chace or limits of the game kaats. Old French cace signifies chace, and cache incursion.
- John Jamieson's Etymological Dictionary of the Scottish Language, 1808.

No comments: