Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Calmer Now

Feeling much better about the world after my rant yesterday. Hanging out with good folk like my Kung Fu brothers and sisters does that!

So does punching stuff for an hour.

I love training.

In other, writing-related news, I'd finally managed to make the 3 000 word mark yesterday. I don't know how far behind I am now, but it doesn't matter all that much, since I'm writing primarily for myself.

Also, the very terribly sad ending for Puppet Master (Book 5) came to me yesterday. The scene is already written, but it appears in Book 6. The idea hit very suddenly, and dug up a whole swath of past hurts. I actually teared-up.

I shall leave it hanging there for you, though I'm sure the cleverest of you will figure out which scene it is exactly.

Before I leave, however, there's today's Forgotten English word/phrase of the day:

Sport Ivory:
If [someone smiled, he sported ivory.
- Morris Marples' University Slang, 1950

No comments: