Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Getting There, It Seems

It was a good day yesterday, writing wise at least. I managed my 3 000 words very well. Last night, while listening to some very creepy music by Nox Arcana, I had some great ideas for Book 5 in the series (Puppet Master). I'm going to write them down and store them away for thing tomorrow as it might be some months before I get to Puppet Master.

They were pretty awesome things to witness first hand. Not that this means anything to you at all, but I feel very sorry for Xavier at the moment.

Apparently yesterday, our not-so-small kitten decided to climb my not-so-stable bookshelf. The thing collapsed into a depressing heap, so I'm told. My poor flatmate put it all back together and all back up. I'm going to have to buy a new set of shelves. Luckily, no kittens were harmed in the collapse.

I have to get these ideas down before I forget them, so I'm going to give you the January 6th Forgotten English word of the day. It's also a phrase today, and it's one that makes me giggle.

Married all o'er: Said of women who after their marriage... become... miserable-looking.
- Georgina Jackson's Shropshire Word-Book, 1879

Have a great Thursday everyone!

No comments: