Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Monday, November 21, 2011

A Thousand Leagues Away

I want to be anywhere but here at this moment. Anywhere.

I slept pretty much all yesterday. I have no right to feel as tired as I do.

I also feel guilty for sleeping all yesterday as it meant that none of the housework I planned to do got done. It also meant that I missed my father's play.

Though, I did write it down in my calendar as this coming Sunday.

I feel miserable about that.

In fact, the only good thing about today is the fact that I'm back at the computer, writing.

Everything else sucks.

On that note, I'm going to retreat from the world and write. Bye!

Goliardery

A satyrical species of writing very current among churchmen and others in the Middle Ages in which the vices or peculiarities of ecclesiastics are mentioned and reprobated. From Goliardus, a monk who wrote satirical pieces in the ninth century inveighing against the luxury of the clergy.
- T. Ellwood Zell's Popular Encyclopedia of Knowledge and Language, 1871

No comments: