Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Friday, November 4, 2011

Furious!

ARGH!

Yesterday was supposed to be such a happy day. My little brother was supposed to touch down in Montreal yesterday. Today was to be his first morning in Canada.

And then he had his travel wallet stolen. In Korea (we think). With no passport, and no money, he was stranded.

Threatened with deportation back to Australia, he called the Canadian Embassy in Seoul. They proved to be absolutely, 100% USELESS! In order for him to get emergency documents - a necessity to get back on the plane and on his way here - he'd have to go to the embassy in person. Well, in Seoul, you aren't allowed to leave the aeroport without a passport, so there was no way to get to the embassy.

And so he was deported back to Australia.

Now he has to get the money together to replace all the said documents AND pay for a new flight.

I'm furious with the Canadian Embassy in Seoul right now. Serving citizens? My arse! Why do I pay for you out of my taxes? You can't even get my brother home!

Bastards.

In any case, I'm upset. I was SO looking forward to seeing him soon. Now, there' s no telling when he'll get here.

Ugh!

Riding the Stang

A punishment among the vulgar; inflicted upon fornicators, adulterers, severe husbands, [etc.] ... Offenders ... are mounted astraddle a long pole, or stang, supported upon the shoulders of their companions.
- John Brockett's Glossary of North Country Words, 1825

Stang, a strong piece of wood on which the carcasses of beasts are suspended by the sinews of the hind legs.
- William Carr's Dialect of Craven, 1828

I wonder if I can do that to an entire embassy...

Jangle

Gossiping, idle talking; to jangle one's time away.
- Thomas Darlington's Folk-Speech of South Cheshire, 1887

To quarrel, argue angrily. Hence, janglesome, quarrelsome, noisy, boisterous. Northern England, Scotland.
- Joseph Wrigth's English Dialect Dictionary, 189-1905

I might just jangle with the Canadian Embassy in Seoul...

GRRRRRRRR!

And I'm done. I should start writing for today's NaNoWriMo target, I suppose.

5 comments:

Debbie Maxwell Allen said...

I'm so sorry that happened to your brother. How disappointing! Bureaucrats are a hard bunch to like. Hoping he finds the funds much sooner than he expects.

~Debbie

S.M. Carrière said...

There should have been someone who went out to the aeroport to help him out.
Just... UGH!
Also, thanks, Debbie. I hope so too.

Pam Asberry said...

So sorry, S.M. (((hugs)))

That's the best I can come up with. :-(

S.M. Carrière said...

It's enough. Thanks, Pam.

S.M. Carrière said...

It's enough. Thanks, Pam.