Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Reminding Myself... Again

So yesterday, I was pretty down. I am always down around my birthday. It's just the way it goes. However, I never stay down.

Today, in an effort to make up for bumming everyone out yesterday, I'm giving thanks for all the amazing things I have and do in my life.

I have a loving family. Thank-you, guys! Love you!

I have the world's best flatmate, who makes my favourite cake despite being run off her feet. Thanks so much, Jazz!

In the course of putting myself 'out there,' I've met an amazing bunch of people who put up with my crazy. Thank-you!

I DO KUNG FU! How cool is that? Even cooler, I do Kung Fu with a wonderful group of people who are generous and kind. Thank-you, everyone. You all rock the Casbah.

Equestrian Archery. 'Nough said.

I have a job with a steady pay-cheque. Even better, it lets me do what I love doing best: writing. THANK-YOU!

I have the ability to write.

I've written ten books and am currently working on my eleventh. Now that is something to be proud of (never mind quality of over quantity... ahem... I digress)!

So, although I feel like a failure every so often, I am aware of and so incredibly grateful for all the blessings that I have in my life. I just need to remind myself.

Well, I'm on target for NaNoWriMo. It looks like I'll get to keep taking Friday's off. Yay! I should, however, get back to it and so I'll leave you here. Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone.

Vinipote

A wine drinker.
- Henry Cockeram's Interpreter of Hard English Words, 1625

A wine-bibber; a drunkard.
- Thomas Blount's Glossographia, 1656


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thata girl! The Universe will hear and repay your thanks. Stay positive.

Debbie Maxwell Allen said...

I love your thankfulness list. Hope you have a wonderful birthday!

~Debbie

S.M. Carrière said...

Thanks, Debbie. It was actually quite nice, all things considered!