Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Waving Back.

Hi Jen! Thanks for following.

There is absolutely nothing interesting going on right now. The last night in the training week is tonight. I'm so covered in bruises I look like I have some strange skin-eating disease. I haven't written anything in a whole day.

And it's fraying on my nerves a little. I might be a little OCD when it comes to writing. But I shall endeavour to give myself the time I need to properly rest up. I'll probably start writing again soon, though.

Since there is so very little to note, I'll let you all get on with your day then, shall I?

Catlings

The strings of a violin or lute, they being formerly made of the intestines of a cat and usually called cat-gut. Shakespeare's Troilys and Cressida.
- William Toone's Etymological Dictionary of Obsolete Words, 1831

Stringed instruments.
- Sir James Murray's New English Dictionary, 1893

... I'm pretty sure I've seen on Qi that violin strings weren't made of cat gut at all - it was a myth started by violin makers who wanted to keep their secrets. I'm not certain though, so I'll have to double check and get back to you.

No comments: