Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Friday, September 9, 2011

Grieving

Hi all,

Today isn't such a good day. It feels a little better than yesterday, but that isn't saying much.

Shortly after writing yesterday's post, I received a message that Bran, beloved dog of my good friend P.B. passed away Wednesday night. He was 17.

It was a good age for a dog to be, and he was a very happy 17.

Last night, I ordered pizza, sat on the couch and spent the evening in tears. Those of you who've had a pet will understand. Those of you who haven't won't get it.

Bran was a beautiful dog, and though he wasn't mine, I loved him dearly.

I'm still in shock, I think. Feeling extraordinarily blue today.

I think I'll hide away for a bit.

Kentucky Colonel

A bogus colonel. After the America Civil War, it is alleged, nearly every man in Kentucky was either a captain, a colonel, or a general.
- John Sandilands' Western Canadian Dictionary and Phrase-Book, 1913

Have a good weekend everyone.

2 comments:

The Heartless Gamer Girl said...

I'm so sorry for your (and your friend's) loss. Pets become family so grieving their loss is totally understandable. {{{hugs}}}

S.M. Carrière said...

Thanks, Jaimey.