Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Mind Bend, or, Trouble at the Halfway Mark

I'm not yet at 50 000 words, but I'm over the halfway mark.

My mind is having great difficulty wrapping around this idea. Perhaps it's really anal, and requires wonderful round numbers for halfway marks, and can't handle all the messy fractions of 75 000.

Yesterday, something happened in the story that was supposed to happen ( my apologies to the Elgin Street Police Headquarters. You're all dead. Sorry), but I kept thinking that this book was going to be crap because it wasn't the halfway mark yet. Except that it was.

I was confused. Even now I'm having difficulty dealing with this relatively simple concept. In short, I'm a twit.

Oh, a lovely note this morning - two rejections in my inbox. Oh goodie. Le sigh. Oh well. I guess.

UGH!

On a happier note, just ten more writing days and I'm done Ethan Cadfael: The Battle Prince. Yay!

Also on a happier note, I managed to fix up The Dying God & Other Stories (for the last time, I swear!). I only found two typos and had one change of mind. Thus, only three corrections. All the eBook versions have been changed AND, this time, Lebrary.com accepted the update! Yay! You can now buy it there again if you so wish. Hopefully I'll get the confirmation email from Createspace.com today that The Dying God & Other Stories is all good to go for the paperback edition. Then I can press that 'publish' button. It that happens today, I'd have met my self-imposed deadline. Just.

Damn, I'm good.

Right, I really have to get on with it now. Have a great Thursday all!

Algerining

The act of prowling about with intent to steal... Probably from Algerine, an inhabitant of Algiers. The greatest commerce of the Algerines consists in the merchandize which they obtain by the piratical plunder of Christians over the whole Mediterranean.
- Joseph Wright's English Dialect Dictionary, 1898-1905

No comments: