Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sore and Satisfied

Owie. Owie. Owie. Owie.

Owie.

I am so sore in every single part of my body. I ache all over.

And it's wonderful! These past two days of training have really helped me calm down and focus. And sleep. That's always a bonus.

Writing wise, well, I'm almost there. I just need to keep at it, and I should reach my target on schedule. Go me!

And that is all I have to say. I have to limp away now and do some office photocopying. Have a wonderful Wednesday, everyone!

Philopena

Another, and highly reprehensible way of extorting a gift, is to have what is called a philopena with a gentleman. This very silly joke is when a young lady, in cracking almonds, chances to find two kernels in one shell; she shares them with a beau; whech ever firest calls out 'philopena' on their next meeting, is entitled to receive a present from the other; and she is to remind him of it till he remembers to comply. So much nonsense is often talked on the occasion, that it seems to expand into something of importance, and the gentleman thinks he can do no less, than purchase for the lady something very elegant, or valuable; particularly if he has heard her tell of the munificence of other beaux in their philopenas.
- Eliza Leslie's Behaviour Book, 1854.

No comments: