Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Oh Boy....

Well, I had a great time last night with friends. We went out for a few drinks after work. I had planned on going home 'round about 9pm, but time just flew past and I ended up arriving home a full hour and a half later. I was exhausted, and so the laundry I ought to have done didn't get done. Oh well. Such as life. It was nice to simply relax and be silly for a few hours. So thanks to A.H. and P.M. for a good night out.

There was one more rejection in my inbox this morning. Grr. The agent very kindly said that the letter was intriguing, but she didn't get excited enough to warrant her accepting the job. Man, this is irritating! That said, I would very much prefer an agent who was excited about what I had written, so it's just as well, I suppose. Thanks anyway, lovely agent, for at least looking at my stuff.

Tomorrow will be the beginning of an exciting three days. I'm headed to New York with my Kung Fu school on a 'just for fun' trip. They've organised a bus tour and everything. The tour itself is optional. I'm not going to take it. My whole reason for going is to:
a) See the Metropolitan Museum of Fine Art. I fell in love with it last time I was there; and
b) Find a post office to buy U.S. international stamps for my SASEs. The only place I can get them is in the U.S., even though websites might claim otherwise. So, I'll be sending a whole bunch of paper queries out while I'm there.

The only downside to this trip to New York? We leave Ottawa at 6am. Not bad, I'm usually awake (thanks kitties) before then. The issue is that in order to take the bus that will take me to the place where the tour buses will be waiting, I'll have to leave the house at 4:30am. Yucky!

So, tonight, I am going to skip out on training and use the time to pack, and make sure that the house is in a respectable state before I leave.

There also will not be any post on Friday (lucky you). I figured this is perfectly acceptable, since you got a bonus "life sucks and I'm hyperventilating' post on Saturday just past.

Oh, and to clear out my inbox, a couple more ziggs.com searches to report:

Visitor Location: N/A
Date: April 19, 2010
Time: 12:59 AM EST

Visitor Location: N/A
Date: April 19, 2010
Time: 6:43 AM EST

Visitor Location: Waterloo, ON (Canada)
Date: April 19, 2010
Time: 11:41 PM EST

(Hi Waterloo!)

So, with nothing else to say, I shall bid each and all of you a wonderful weekend! Take care!

No comments: