Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Busy Little Bee

I was very busy last night. I sent around 13 electronic queries to 13 agencies here and abroad (one was in Holland!). It was crazy. I was so cross-eyed from staring at the computer screen by the end of it, it took me a full ten minutes to walk straight again!

There is no rest for the wicked, I will be submitting more electronic queries to agencies, and then preparing the snail-mail ones to send out once I reach the U.S.A. at the end of this month. That should keep me occupied for the next millennia.

See... I haven't given up, despite feeling like I wanted to bury myself in a large bottle of Brandy and a tub of ice cream on Monday.

I was in such a good mood afterwards (because of the submissions or the computer screen emissions... I'm not sure which), that it took everything in me not to skip all the way to training. Kickboxing training last night was hell. In a good way.

The warm-up had me ready to faint, which, I suppose is a good thing. All the hyper activity I had acquired from the submissions (or emissions... not sure which) was spent in that 20 minute warm up. By the end of Kung Fu in the following hour, I was so flat out exhausted I crashed on the crash mats... funny that... and couldn't bring myself to work during the last hour (which was free-train). That is what I call a great workout!

There was a wonderful, wonderful thunderstorm last night. It rolled in slowly and sweetly. The rain and the thunder lulled me to sleep, with a smile on my face. I love, love, LOVE thunderstorms. Don't know why, but I find them soothing.

Persephone wasn't bothered by the storm at all. This was Galahad's first storm, however, and he was a little freaked out, more by the lightening than by the thunder. It was amusing!

Oooh... in other exciting news, I have three more followers on twitter (in case you want to follow too, look for SMCarriere). Not sure how they found out about me, or why they're even interested in an author that is yet to be published, but hey, I'm not going to complain!

Right, I really have to get on those submissions again. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

No comments: