Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Friday, January 8, 2010

Glad to be Back

Can I just say how lovely it is to be back at work and back to my writing? Don't get me wrong, I loved the break. It was refreshing to relax and not stress about story lines and plot holes, character development and narrative twists. Now that I'm back, though, the ideas are pouring in, more or less.

There is a bizarre sort of rush that I feel when the story comes through me like that. It sure beats out a roller-coaster. It's a gentler kind of rush, fuelled less by fear than by adoration. It's a strange sort of mix of adrenaline and muse-fuelled trance. I'm not explaining it very well, but other authors will understand... I hope!

I am beginning my new year of writing by re-reading Book 1 of Seraphimé in order to get a grasp on the story again. It's actually really helping. Though I have the ending, there were several characters that didn't have a satisfying arc. Now they do.

I am having trouble finding an adequate place to begin Book 2, however, and it seems that the haphazard manner in which I wrote The Great Man series will win out again, and I'll have no choice but to write the end of the Seraphimé series first, before I can find a good place to begin the second instalment.

We'll just have to wait and see. It might change after I've finished re-reading Book 1. We'll see.

I'm so very glad to be back. Until Monday, then!

No comments: