Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Book Review: Memories of Ice - Steven Erikson

Memories of Ice (Malazan Book of the Fallen, #3) Memories of Ice by Steven Erikson


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
I remember why I love Steven Erikson so much. Book 3 of the Malazan Book of the Fallen is, by far, his best yet. You reconnect with characters from both book 1 and 2, and find yourself falling in love with a few of them.
One of the things I adore most about Steven Erikson is that he isn't afraid to kill off important characters to further the story, and believe me, by the end of this book, I was keening for the losses. So lovingly was each death wrought... I can scarce find words for their profundity.
Needless to say, I'll be taking book 4 a little more slowly as I don't think my heart could take those blows over again!
An exquisitely rendered tale. You'll be sorry if you missed it!

View all my reviews >>

No comments: