Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Catch-Up Cpmplete

Well, it's been a hellish few days for me I must say. I was quite ill on the weekend, and by Monday I felt I could barely move. I stayed home and watched countless episodes of 'Friends.' It's still bloody funny.

As I had taken Monday off and did not go to my usual writing station, I didn't write at all on Monday. That meant I had 3 000 words to catch up on by the end of the week. 'Ugh,' is all I can say!

In any case, I am happy to report that as of Wednesday afternoon at 12:30, I had completely caught up. I'm right on target before the week is even done. Yay me!

That, of course, got me thinking. Writing the book is the easy part. Trying to get the thing published is when the hard work really begins. I had read that while doing my research and, considering the blood, sweat and tears I shed while writing The Great Man series, I really didn't believe it.

I do now.

There are agents and publishing houses to research. There are frustrating (in the if-I-have-to-rewrite-this-one-more-time-bodies-will-be-turning-up-in-the-canal kind of frustrating) synopses to be written. There are query letters, rejection letters, Beta Readers to find, editing to be done... and on and on it goes ad nausea.

So really, I find writing relaxing. It's a soothing, wonderful outpouring of the subconscious. Writing is like making love and getting pregnant, in it's way.

Publishing is a long, laboured birth.

Some days I think I'd prefer to stay pregnant forever....

Oh, as a completely unrelated side-note, got a search from Texas yesterday:

Search Engine: Ziggs
Search Terms: No specific terms used
Referrer: None
Visitor Location: Dallas, TX
Date: January 20, 2010
Time: 1:52 PM EST

Hi Texas!!

No comments: