Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Sigh

It is so hard to blog about writing if nothing is happening with my writing!

I've re-edited the first two books in The Great Man series. I need Beta readers for them. I have one, but he promises nothing as he's bouncing back and forth between Ottawa and Montreal like a ping pong ball this holiday season. I have another, who also writes, but she is expecting a child and is very busy at the moment.

To make matters worse, I'm exceptionally paranoid and won't let just anyone read my manuscripts. Like my friends, they generally have to earn my trust before I let them near the manuscripts. Is that weird? Are other writers like that?

Of course, that present a problem in trying to find an adequate number of Beta readers that will return my work with in three months. I suppose I shall have to accept that it might not happen, and that my manuscripts will all have to be submitted with only self-editing to help them out. I wonder if that will be enough....

No comments: