Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Friday, June 3, 2011

Shhhh... It's a Secret

Don't tell anyone, but I now have an unillustrated version of The Dying God & Other Stories up on Smashwords.com.

Who am I kidding? Tell everyone.

There are no illustrations, save the cover, because including them all made the file too large to upload to Smashwords. On the bright side, this means I can't rightfully charge as much, so this version is cheaper at $5.99 (USD).

I'm not one of those people who would price an eBook at $0.99 because I happen to think my time is more valuable than that, and I've spent a lot of time on this.

Warning though: There are some corruption issues - the text has decided to publish in the colour yellow, for some reason. I'm going to fix that (hopefully) today, so wait until this afternoon if you absolutely must buy yourself a copy. I'll be announcing on Twitter and Facebook when I fix it, so keep an eye out there for the news.

I spent so much time formatting the Smashwords version yesterday, that no writing was done whatsoever. I'm not bothered, I am still up 5 000 words on today's target. I'll be formatting again today, so again, no writing. Also, it's Friday, and I take those off. Mostly. Sometimes.

I even worked overtime. So much so, that it was too late for me to make it to training. I had every intention of going to training, but the formatting issue which I could not fix posed too great a challenge to complete on time. I went home instead, and then had a very long nap before having a dream about food and deciding that I needed to get up and eat.

Right, I must get on with it. Here's today's Forgotten English:

Waistcoateer

A name formerly given to common prostitutes from a garment somewhat resembling a waistcoat worn by them. "You you think you're here, Sir, among your waistcoateers, your bas wenches?" Beaumont and Fletcher's Wit Without Money (1639).
- William Toone's Etymological Dictionary of Obsolete Words, 1831.

No comments: