Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Monday, June 13, 2011

Clearly Needs a Title

A plethora of strange dreams had me up very early this morning. I should have written them down, but failed to and now have no record of them. I'm sure they'll pop up somehow in my writing via my already overloaded subconscious.

Writing today resumes as normal, though this computer has been so painfully slow, I doubt I'll get my 3 000 in today. It's already 10:45am and I'm just getting to my post now. To give you some idea, it turned on the computer to load at 8:43am.

Yeah.

There isn't much news from the weekend to state. I went to Lion Dance practice on Saturday, and had a great time, as usual. I'm currently hand-sewing a sleeveless surcoat which should be finished soon-ish and I spent much time on that on the weekend.

Other than that, nothing exciting has happened. Life goes on.

Oh, I should note that, for some reason, The Dying God & Other Stories is up on Goodreads.com thrice. There should only be two versions (Unillustrated and Illustrated) so I'm going to have to take one down today... if I can figure out how. Perhaps I'll get even less writing down now, as I try to figure out how to remove the repeat version of a book.

I should start, so here's today's Forgotten English:

Earth-Hunger

An inordinate desire to become the possessor or tenant of a small holding [of land]. Specifically, the intense feeling evinced by the Irish in favour of a peasant proprietary.
- Edward Lloyd's Encyclopaedic Dictionary, 1895.

Those silly Irish...

No comments: