Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Recovering Still

Well, the sunburn has faded, but it still hurts like the dickens. J.M-B., having managed to burn herself while out cycling yesterday, bought some aloe vera gel designed specifically for sunburns. It is a lurid blue colour, and smells faintly of mouthwash, but it works. At least, it did until I picked up my bags...

I'm astounded that I can't really see the burn any more, but it still hurts. Why?

My bruise is now almost entirely brown and takes up much of my forearm. It looks like some demented birthmark. I really wish I could take a photo of it to prove it.

Writing yesterday went alright. I only wrote 1 500 words myself, but the nifty cut and paste function meant that the end daily count was actually 6 000. Stress about money cut my creativity completely, leaving me struggling to redo my budget and wail in despair.

I hate being poor.

I am, however, now 5000 words ahead of today's target, which is a good thing. I'm hoping to write another 3 000 today, but I'm pretty tired, so we'll see if I can manage it.

I should get started, so here's your Forgotten English:

Barrow-Back't

Bent by heavy work such as wheeling loaded barrows.
- Alexander Gibson's Full-Speech of Cumberland, 1880.

No comments: